A TRADITION OF QUALITY CONSTRUCTION:
PATRICIUS MCMANUS – In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, he was part of the railroads and canals that helped open the industrial age in America. At age 19, he began his career as a pioneer contractor in the railroad business. Among his greatest achievements was the Philadelphia terminal system of tracks at the Broad Street Station of the Pennsylvania Railroad. He pledged himself to the highest ideas and his construction company was based on commitment to honesty, integrity and excellence.
LEO P. MCMANUS – Inherited from his father a wealth of good will and fine reputation. After graduating from College in the early 20th century, Leo worked with Patricius in the construction business. Leo’s construction business began to flourish after beginning in road and site work. As growth continued they constructed many institutional buildings and churches.
JOHN STALEY MCMANUS – Direct founder of John S. McManus Inc. In 1944 John graduated from Villanova with a Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering. After graduating John served in WWII as assistant to the Commander of Naval Construction. After the war John partnered with his family in McManus Realty 1950’s, Foley-McManus Construction in the 1960’s. John began working on his own as a contractor. John S. McManus Inc. received official incorporation in 1967. John remained as President until retirement in 1992.
Advantages of JOHN S. MCMANUS INC.
- Over 40 years of service. Incorporated in 1967
- Family owned and actively managed by John McManus Jr., President; Mark McManus, Secretary and Michael McManus, Vice President.
- Main Office location of Chester Heights, PA. The Company is in a geographically convenient location for effective project management in and around Philadelphia, Delaware, Montgomery, Chester and Bucks Counties.
- Consistent commitment to serving the customer and society, John S. McManus Inc. has always operated under strict codes of ethics and integrity.
- A commitment of owner involvement in the project from inception to closeout.
- Company Size: Average volume of $25 to $35 Million in construction, Bonded for $50 Million Aggregate
- Project Team stability throughout the project
- Experienced in Institutional / Commercial Construction including Athletic Facilities, Hospitals, School Buildings, Churches and related facilities.
- Extensive experience with transparency in accounting – “Open Book”
- Awards by the American Subcontractor’s Association of the Delaware Valley
- 1998 - “General Contractor of the Year” John S. McManus Inc.
- 1999 - “Project Manager of the Year” Mark McManus